There are several issues you should consider individually and as a couple before getting married. Most importantly, what does commitment and marriage mean to each of you?
Other issues to consider and discuss with your partner may include:
- What are our expectations of marriage?
- What will be different once we get married?
- What do we each bring to the relationship?
- How will we work out our finances?
- Do we want to have children?
- Do we have similar values and beliefs?
- If we have differences, are we able to work through them together?
A number of organisations offer pre-marriage education programs where participants are invited to learn about themselves and their partners.
Some of these are:
Or check yellow pages/internet for more options